Radicofani is located in the Val d’Orcia, near Pienza and Montepulciano. It is a small medieval village of a little more than 1000 inhabitants, situated at 766 meters of altitude, on a hill where dominates a fortress at 846 meters.
The first historical traces date back to 1028, at the time of the Tale Ildebrando IV Aldobrandeschi.
Among the main sites of tourist interest of Radicofani
- Oratory of the Confraternity of the Mercy of the Church of Santa Maria Assunta, with an altarpiece of the Virgin in glory
- Saint Peter’s Church
- Church of Saint Agatha
- The aldobrandesque fortress that dominates the city.
Into the same category
- Hotels around Radicofani Hotels around Radicofani
- Montepulciano Montepulciano is in the province of Siena, not far from Pienza, in the south of Tuscany. This small town of nearly 14,000 inhabitants, is medieval and Renaissance style, amidst ...
- Pienza Pienza is a charming village of with more than 2,000 inhabitants, in the province of Siena, and more precisely in the Val d’Orcia. The region is renowned for its gastronomy, including ...