Radicofani is located in the Val d’Orcia, near Pienza and Montepulciano. It is a small medieval village of a little more than 1000 inhabitants, situated at 766 meters of altitude, on a hill where dominates a fortress at 846 meters.
The first historical traces date back to 1028, at the time of the Tale Ildebrando IV Aldobrandeschi.
Among the main sites of tourist interest of Radicofani
- Oratory of the Confraternity of the Mercy of the Church of Santa Maria Assunta, with an altarpiece of the Virgin in glory
- Saint Peter’s Church
- Church of Saint Agatha
- The aldobrandesque fortress that dominates the city.
Into the same category
- Hotels around RadicofaniHotels around Radicofani
- MontepulcianoMontepulciano is in the province of Siena, not far from Pienza, in the south of Tuscany. This small town of nearly 14,000 inhabitants, is medieval and Renaissance style, amidst ...
- PienzaPienza is a charming village of with more than 2,000 inhabitants, in the province of Siena, and more precisely in the Val d’Orcia. The region is renowned for its gastronomy, including ...