On the Piazza del Campo square, the Palazzo Pubblico palace was built between 1297 and 1310 by the Government of the Nine as their own headquarters.
Nowadays, it is still the seat of the town hall. The floors are occupied by the museum Museo Civico where one discovers in particular the rooms of the former government of Siena. These are decorated with sumptuous frescoes linked to the history of Siena including the famous fresco of the Good and the Bad Government.
The Torre del Mangia tower is 102 meters high, built by the Rinaldo brothers and finished in 1348. It is the second highest tower in Italy.
From the top of this one, one enjoys a splendid view on the Piazza del Campo and on the city.
Schedule of the tower
16/10 – 28/02 (winter) : 10:00-16:00 (ticket close at 15:15)
01/03 – 15/10 (summer): 10:00 – 19:00 (ticket close at 18:15)
Closed on Christmas. 1st of January : 12:00 – 16:00 (ticket close at 15:15)
Possible variations from 27/06 to 03/07 and from 11/08 to 17/08.
Full € 10,00, Small family (2 adults + minors over 11 years old) € 25,00, Free for children under 11
No booking possible
More informations : http://www.comune.siena.it/La-Citta/Cultura/Strutture-Museali/Torre-del-Mangia
Into the same category
- SienaSiena is a medieval town in the heart of the green Tuscany, between the hills of Chianti and the hills of Crete Senesi, which today has about 54,000 inhabitants. It ...
- Tickets and guided tours in SienaInto the same category
- Interactive map of SienaInto the same category
- Hotels and accommodations in SienaHotels and accommodations in Siena
- Piazza del CampoPiazza del Campo is undoubtedly one of the most harmonious squares in the world. Its layout lasted from 1293 to 1349. Its beautiful paving of red bricks is shell-shaped and split ...
- Cathedral of SienaThe Cathedral of Santa Maria Assunta is one of the most stunning and beautiful churches in Italy, with its white and black stones and marbles. It was built from 1136 to ...
- Museo CivicoThe Museum of the City of Siena, the Museo Civico, was installed in the year 1930. It is located on the first floor of Palazzo Pubblico. In addition to the ...
- The Palio of SienaThe Palio of Siena is a famous equestrian race which opposes the different districts of the city (called the contrade) since the middle ages. In the past, many Italian municipalities organized ...
- Short history of SienaAlthough it seems that the Etruscans had occupied the territory of Siena, its foundation dates from the time of the emperor Augustus where a Roman colony was established under ...
- Weather in SienaWeather at 5 days in Siena Complete weather forecast in Siena Into the same category