Pienza is a charming village of with more than 2,000 inhabitants, in the province of Siena, and more precisely in the Val d’Orcia.
The region is renowned for its gastronomy, including delicatessen. Several trattorias offer local cuisine. In addition, the historic center has a great artistic value and is classified as a World Heritage by Unesco.
The other main cities of Val d’Orcia are San Quirico d’Orcia and Castiglione d’Orcia.
Most of the artistic heritage of Pienza is situated in its main square with its four major buildings: the cathedral, the communal palace, the Borgia Palace and the Palazzo Piccolomini.
Into the same category
- Hotels in Pienza Hotels in Pienza
- Visits and tours in Pienza and around Into the same category
- Weather in Pienza Weather in Pienza at 5 days Complete weather forecast in Pienza Into the same category
- Montepulciano Montepulciano is in the province of Siena, not far from Pienza, in the south of Tuscany. This small town of nearly 14,000 inhabitants, is medieval and Renaissance style, amidst ...
- Radicofani Radicofani is located in the Val d’Orcia, near Pienza and Montepulciano. It is a small medieval village of a little more than 1000 inhabitants, situated at 766 meters of ...